Saturday, April 4, 2009
Today was a good day for Teresa. She is directing her own care, as much as possible. She is experiencing good pain control and is very alert. Debby said that Teresa was “bright eyed and bushy tailed”. She has some puffiness, and still has some fluid retention. She has many different lines (IV’s and whatnot). She now has a feeding tube in her nose. Apparently the nurse was having a little difficulty inserting the feeding tube, so Teresa inserted it herself (of course). The fact that Teresa’s “assertiveness” has surfaced is a good sign.
She asked about the dogs. Debby said her sense of humor has returned also. Our favorite neighborhood preacher, Kevin Hopkins, visited today.
The Dr. has said that he feels the chemotherapy will shrink the pieces that were left behind. She will have a port-a-cath inserted before she leaves the hospital. This is a fancy IV that can be used for chemo, etc. She is still in ICU and will be moved possibly Sunday or Monday. The surgeon returns on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Teresa,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that we did not make it up this week-end. I had forgot that I had church meetings on Sunday afternoon. Jim thought that you probably needed rest on Saturday.
You are in our prayers and we are glad that you are doing better.
God Bless,
Marvis and Jim
Hi! I'll be seeing Tj this evening and will take all of your posts to her. She is in room 7-217.
ReplyDeleteTerry and I saw TJ for a couple of hours on Sunday. She was very entertaining to all of us. Galen, her brother, headed home mid-afternoon - - - back to Missouri. TJ mentioned she'd like a good quilting or cooking magazine to look at. TV is only entertaining for a limited number of hours!! "Enjoying" might be stretching it a little, but she was "putting away" a full liquid diet without difficulty. The ice cream was her favorite. She was able to transfer to her w/c with some assistance, and was sitting up to tell us good-bye. Lots of cords and tubes were attached to her, but with her usual smile and positive attitude she sent us away. I'm thrilled to hear about more of her "prayer warriors" at work. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteTJ, sorry I didn't make it up this weekend. All three boys were sick and I didn't want to bring any of that to you! The office staff was not surprised to hear about you inserting your own feeding tube! We are all praying for your recovery, love ya, Laurie
ReplyDeleteMy daughter, Katharine, and I stopped by to see Teresa last evening. She was so glad to receive the posted comments from y'all. She was elated to read about Craig getting into med school. They started her on a solid diet yesterday at noon, but last night she was doing her best to keep it from coming up. She finally let them give her something for the nausea and seemed to be relaxing and resting by the time we left. Her time in ICU (where daytime never ends) pretty much wore her out. She is still waiting for the porta cath, but is now in Room 3-450. You can reach Tj through the Wesley website link for patient e-mails. She would love that!
ReplyDeleteIs anyone else having trouble with the Wesley email site? I can't seem to log on?! Just wondering..... Laurie
ReplyDelete