Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 9, 2009

I had the opportunity to see Teresa yesterday evening. I always feel better when I can see her in person. As you may have read in Rebecca's comment, Teresa is doing well. She tolerated her chemo well. She said that her chemo will be every three weeks, so that gives her some time until the next treatment is due. As far as we know, she should be able to get her chemo at the cancer center in Winfield.
She even let the nurse remove her feeding tube. ;) I believe that the nurses have had a good time harassing Teresa about putting in her own tube.
The port-a-cath insertion is scheduled for Friday.

When I left, she was sitting in her wheelchair eating meatloaf (smothered in ketchup).

Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Lorri,
    Sorry we missed you we got there around 6:15 and they were putting Teresa back in the bed and she had finished eating, so we had to wait just a little while. She seemed in pretty good spirits but she was getting tired and we thought she needed the rest.

    We stayed for about 30 minutes and then Jim told her a joke before we left.

    She said the Ensure would be her drink for the coming months. She said that she was to have lots of protein.

    She seemed very sure that she is coming home on Friday so I hope that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the big day! T is scheduled to have her portacath inserted around noon. She and I will head for Winfield late this afternoon. She is so pleased at the thought of being in her own bed with her kitties snuggled around her.
    Thank you to all in Winfield who will be helping Teresa in the days and months to come.

    ReplyDelete