Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 7, 2009

I was unable to get into the Wesley email system either. I am going to Wichita after school today to see Teresa. Here's the report from yesterday: Teresa received her first chemo treatment. She still seems to be putting out large quantities of fluid from her abdomen. Prior to the chemo treatment, they gave her a variety of meds to prevent side effects. I don't believe she has received her portacath yet. She maintains that she is coming home Thursday or Friday, "come hell or high water". Her spirits are good.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to all of Teresa's wonderful friends who take such good care of her. I appreciate the updates and everything that you're doing for her. To T: Love you lots! Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey TJ, Debbie and I are "plotting" your return to Winfield. We'll fill you in later..Love ya, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As of last night, the word is that Teresa will head home (with me at the wheel) late Friday afternoon. Our Aunt Charlotte and Uncle W.A. will be coming from Texas to stay with her. She says the word of the day is "protein" and more is better to help with the healing process. Her nose hose plugged up and they pulled it out yesterday afternoon. She's eating solids and drinking Ensure. Her smile is still bright and encouraging when she's not dozing off.

    ReplyDelete