Well, the big move yesterday went well. Teresa was quite glad to be out of bed, and breathe some outdoor air. We made a little detour through Sonic, enjoyed some onion rings, and then motored on to the Select Specialty Hospital. Nothing like junk food to really perk you up. The Select hospital is on the 6th floor southwest of Via Christi St. Francis. Teresa's color is better, makes us nurses happier to see someone with some pink in her skin. She said that the oncologist is stopping her intravenous chemo, to let her wounds heal quicker. There is an oral chemo that she will be taking for now. We spent much time laughing, drove through part of downtown Wichita (not on purpose). I should know better than to listen to backseat drivers giving directions.
I left as they were getting ready to redress her wounds. Apparently Via Christi and Wesley use different brands of Wound-vacs, so they were going to have to re-do the whole process. And, since she is a new admission, take photographs of the wound, etc. With all of the requirements in place by all of the regulating agencies, getting admitted to the hospital is no simple process. I expect that she was quite tired by the time they finished all of the admission process.
I am unsure of how long she will be there.
All for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment